Students in grades 7-12 can learn how to address poverty by participating in CCHD’s annual art contest, “Creating on the Margins.”
- Reflect on the annual contest theme and the Church’s response to poverty through the work of CCHD
- Create a piece of art — painting, song, video, short story, drama, poetry, photography, or virtual presentation — which demonstrates your understanding
- Craft essay responses about what you’ve learned
The 2020-21 contest theme is “Rebuilding Together at the Margins.” Detailed contest packets for educators and students can be found here.
Local winners will compete in the national contest for cash prizes:
- Grand prize: $500, matching grant to a CCHD-funded group
- Second place: $375, matching grant
- Third place: $250, matching grant
One prize per 7-9 and 10-12 age category will be awarded for second and third place winners.